Lovebug Valentine cookies is an easy, fun recipe to make with the kiddos this Valentine’s Day! These ladybug cookies are a hit at home or for a classroom treat!
- 1 package of Double Stuff Oreos
- 1 Bag of dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 Bag of red candy melts
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Double boiler
- 1 Package of small edible eyes
- Mini pink heart candies
- Piping bag
- Place water into bottom of double boiler pot. Once boiling, put top pot on top.
- Pour red candy melts into the top pot and mix until melted and blended.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil until smooth.
- Next, completely submerge Oreo into the melted red candy.
- Using a fork, carefully remove Oreos and lightly tap to get rid of excess candy melt.
- Let red candy melt harden for 1 hour.
- While the red candy melt is hardening, melt the milk chocolate in the double boiler.
- Dip the tip of the Oreo into the chocolate for the face of the ladybug.
- Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Place two eyes onto the center of the chocolate for the eyes of the ladybug.
- Scoop melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip.
- Pipe a line down the center of the cookie and alternate big and small dots on either side as spots for the ladybug.
- Place pink mini hearts onto the small dots.
- Let the ladybugs dry completely before eating.
Related links: Heart-Shaped Valentine Cookie Recipe