My favorite family Thanksgiving tradition is this Pumpkin pie recipe. This recipe is filled with nostalgia sugar, spice and everything nice!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe – serves 8
- Prep time – 15 minutes
- Cooking time – 55 minutes
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin (or other pureed pumpkin mix)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk (or other evaporated milk)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4 cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a small mixing bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.