Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is nothing quite like a delicious, chocolate chip cookie from a bakery. They’re oversized, perfectly baked, and soft. This recipe will inspire you to make bakery style chocolate chip cookie that everyone will love!
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. If you want to freeze some of the dough for later, place the dough balls (see Step 8) in a zip-lock bag or airtight container and freeze for later! Let the dough balls sit out for 30 minutes at room temperature before baking. If you want to bake from frozen dough, add 3-5 minutes of baking time. Check the cookies frequently so as to not over bake. They will look a little less set than normal, but they will firm up as they cool!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips (2 cups) or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small mixing bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Melt butter (and shortening, if using). Mix together butter and oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined. Add in butter mixture. Using a standing or hand mixer, blend together until well combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Mix well between each egg until the mixture creams.
- Add in flour, no more than 1/2 cup at a time, waiting at least 30 second between each time.
- For gooey cookies, refrigerate dough for 1 hour. For firmer cookies, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out a heaping, rounded tablespoon of dough. Gently roll the dough into a ball. Be careful not to pack the dough down. Place the cookie dough ball onto a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat step 8, placing dough balls at least 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Cookies will not look set in the center, but are done. Do not overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack.
Adults Only Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe by Debbie Fund, Kosher from Jerusalem
And don’t forget 1950″s soda shop inspired chocolate milkshakes.