Witch’s Hat and Broomstick Halloween Recipes
Halloween Witch’s Hat recipe and a broomstick to match. I love this recipe as an option you can fill the cones with candy or ice cream for an added treat!
- 1 package Sugar Cones
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 12 any cookies
- Chocolate frosting
- Assorted candies (M&M’s)
- Carefully cut 1- to 2-inches off the wide end of each sugar cones aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip pointed end of each cone into chocolate mixture, coating 1 to 2 inches of cone. Let stand on wax-paper-lined baking sheet about 1 hour or until set.
- On another wax-paper-lined baking sheet, arrange fudge cookies, chocolate side up. Pipe thick strip of frosting around bottoms of cones. Gently stand on centers of cookies.
- Use additional frosting around base of cone to cookie and attach candies to cones.
Place a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cup candy upside down and insert a pretzel.
Related links: History of Halloween