These brownies are decadent and delicious! Fudgy, full of chocolate chips, and delicious Nutella make these a definite crowd-pleaser.
They’re also the PERFECT addition to a Sundae Bar whether you use whole brownies or make brownie crumbs!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounce package Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Baking Melts (or chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Nutella until well combined.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or mixer (I prefer a small hand mixer), beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking melts until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool on a wire rack.