If you love dark chocolate, this recipe is for you! It’s an Italian twist on traditional strawberry shortcake. Chocolate, whipped cream, strawberries and a touch of Amaretto are all magically delicious, so count me in!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease pan well).
2. Place ⅔ cup milk and dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool.
3. Meanwhile, add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into large mixer, and process add butter and process until mixed thoroughly.
4. Then, slowly add milk and chocolate chip mixture until combined
5. Spoon mixture into 6 large circles onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire racks
6. In separate large bowl mix together cream cheese and pudding mix with electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly mixed together. Mix in Amaretto and milk. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until firm.
7. Place a chocolate shortcake on serving plate then top with cream, strawberries; repeat layers ending with a chocolate shortcake. Top with whipped topping/cream and strawberries if desired.
As the founder and managing director of Destination Sitters, LLC, a national hotel and event babysitting service, and the mother of two children, I strongly believe that family comes first. I personally needed babysitting when I moved to San Diego 14 years ago. Like most parents, I assumed there were standards for temporary babysitting; in reality, there are no state standards or licensing requirements for temporary babysitting. The idea for Destination Sitters was born! I wanted to Give Parents Peace of Mind® when traveling with their children, so I created strict screening requirements for the sitters we refer. There is nothing like the peace of mind that comes from getting great professional help to care for your children, especially when traveling away from home. I and my partners, along with our office staff, have that one goal in mind with everything we do.
Through the years of working with children, I have been inspired to write three books, and this blog for parents’ and children’s wellbeing. I believe the best way to teach a child is leading by example, with love, honesty, integrity, compassion, perseverance, and personal responsibility. Learning these values and teaching children that all women and men are equal will encourage them to dream big to be anything they want to be!
An entrepreneur for over 35 years, I previously spent years running a construction and design company with two offices in California and built million-dollar estates and remodeled existing ones. For three and half years, I was one of the primary designers on HGTV’s Curb Appeal. I have also been published in books, magazines and newspapers, and have been a featured designer in multiple showcase houses.
A great way to build a community of parents. Our blog offers tips on parenting, kids in the kitchen recipes,art & crafts, and traveling with children advice, which makes life a little easier and a whole lot more fun.