Staying in Touch with Friends Over the Summer
Staying in touch with friends over the summer can be challenging, especially if you’re all going to be busy with different activities. Here are a few tips to help you stay connected:
- Schedule regular check-ins: Set a specific day and time to catch up with your friends, whether it’s once a week or once a month. This way, you’ll have something to look forward to and won’t let too much time pass between conversations.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Snapchat can be an easy and fun way to stay connected with your friends. You can share photos, stories, and updates on your daily life, and stay updated with your friends’ activities.
- Plan activities together: Plan activities that you can do together, such as movie nights, game nights, or virtual parties. You can also plan to visit each other or go on a trip together if you’re all free at the same time.
- Send snail mail: Sending handwritten letters or postcards is a fun and personal way to stay in touch with your friends. It’s a nice surprise to receive a letter in the mail, and it shows that you’re thinking of them.
- Join online communities: Joining online communities or groups with shared interests can be a great way to meet new people and stay in touch with your friends. You can join Facebook groups, Discord servers, or Reddit communities and share your thoughts and experiences with like-minded individuals.
Remember, staying in touch with friends takes effort, but it’s worth it to maintain strong friendships.
About the Author: Yvonne Wonder
As the founder and managing director of Destination Sitters, LLC, a national hotel and event babysitting service, and the mother of two children, I strongly believe that family comes first. I personally needed babysitting when I moved to San Diego 14 years ago. Like most parents, I assumed there were standards for temporary babysitting; in reality, there are no state standards or licensing requirements for temporary babysitting. The idea for Destination Sitters was born! I wanted to Give Parents Peace of Mind® when traveling with their children, so I created strict screening requirements for the sitters we refer. There is nothing like the peace of mind that comes from getting great professional help to care for your children, especially when traveling away from home. I and my partners, along with our office staff, have that one goal in mind with everything we do. Through the years of working with children, I have been inspired to write three books, and this blog for parents’ and children’s wellbeing. I believe the best way to teach a child is leading by example, with love, honesty, integrity, compassion, perseverance, and personal responsibility. Learning these values and teaching children that all women and men are equal will encourage them to dream big to be anything they want to be! An entrepreneur for over 35 years, I previously spent years running a construction and design company with two offices in California and built million-dollar estates and remodeled existing ones. For three and half years, I was one of the primary designers on HGTV’s Curb Appeal. I have also been published in books, magazines and newspapers, and have been a featured designer in multiple showcase houses.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get helpful tips and advice for traveling with kids.
Bringing a New Baby Home
May 23, 2023
Child Abuse Awareness Month
March 23, 2023
Gratitude Giving Thanks
November 11, 2020