Easy Summer Sloppy Joe’s Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Easy and fun recipe to do with your children.
- 1lb of extra lean ground beef, turkey, or vegetarian substitute
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Whole grain hamburger buns
- ½ cup grated reduced -fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Light sour cream or light ranch dressing optional
- 1: Brown ground beef or vegetarian crumble in a non-stick-frying pan. Add the diced onion and bell pepper.
- 2: Add ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 3: Spoon your “Sloppy Joe mix” on a hamburger bun or taco shell. Then pile on the fixings!